Welcome to the GM Diet day 1. The first of the GM diet can be a little challenging because the change can seem very drastic. Since you only consume only fruits on the first day, it will take some time to get used to it. In this post, we will discuss the plan for the day. Along with that, we will describe some of the most commonly appearing symptoms on the first day of the GM Diet Plan.
The overall meal plan for the day should be something like listed below:
- breakfast: 1 medium apple or 1 bowl of mixed berries
- snack: 1 bowl of cantaloupe or an orange
- unch: 1 bowl of watermelon
- snack: 1 orange
- dinner: 1 pear or 1 bowl of kiwi
- snack: 1 bowl of mixed berries
A quick note. Avoid bananas on the first days of the GM diet.
GM Diet Day 1 – Energy from Fruits
The GM Diet is primarily a calorie deficit program. Basically, aiming to reduce the extra calories consumed by the body. As a result, the body gets time to regulate natural processes. On the first day of the GM diet, the body is getting its calories from sugars in the fruits. Therefore, options such as Apples, Oranges, Watermelons, Kiwi, and great options to include as part of the day’s menu. Fruits are easy to digest for the body and fruits like apples act like negative calories.
A quick note on some special instructions.
- You should not eat any Bananas or Avocados. All other fruits are allowed.
- Also, there is no restriction on the number of fruits to consume. If you experience hunger pangs, eat some berries or an orange. Apples only increase the feeling of hunger.
Physical Symptoms on Day 1
While you consume only fruits throughout the day, the body naturally craves elements like salt i.e. sodium. Not only are these trigger points for craving, but also essential to keep your energy up. You would naturally feel a little-headed during the day. You may also feel tired. It is not uncommon to experience a mild headache. These are simply responses of the body to the change of diet. But these have to be avoided on Day 1.
In order to address these symptoms, the following tips are recommended.
- Stay Hydrated – This is the golden rule for any healthy diet plan. Have a small glass of water every other hour. This is critical to avoid a feeling of weakness. Also, it helps to avoid headaches.
- Sodium Intake – Eating only fruits makes the body crave salty foods you would regularly consume. In order to beat the cravings, maybe apply a little seasoning to the fruits. For example, oranges taste awesome if apply a small pinch of salt.
Although it is not required, you can go for a quick run for 30 mins before you retire for the day. This is to sort ensure that the effort of the diet is maximized.
By the end of the day, if you have followed the instructions to the letter, you should be at least 1 kgs lighter by the end of the day. Congratulate yourself on a whole day’s hard work. Get ready for the GM Diet Day 2.