Great job to make it to the GM Diet day 3. By this time, you would be feeling much lighter. You should feel confident in your approach thus far. It takes a lot of will power to get this far. The third day of the GM diet is a combination of day 1 & day 2 diet. This day is a treat day. You get to consume fruits for sugar and fiber to get a more sumptuous diet. You should not feel the same physical symptoms but not to the same degree as day 1 & day2. Things only get easier from this stage onwards.
People can eat the same foods as days 1 and 2, avoiding bananas and potatoes.
- breakfast: 1 apple or 1 bowl of watermelon
- snack: 1 bowl of cherry tomatoes
- lunch: a mixed salad
- snack: 1 bowl of sliced cucumbers
- dinner: 1 kale salad with carrots and cucumbers and 1 bowl of strawberries on the side
- snack: 1 apple
A quick note. Avoid tomatoes, corn, peas, and carrots on the second day of the GM diet. A combination of the restrictions from Day 1 and Day 2.
GM Diet Day 3 – Healthy Cocktail of Fruits and Vegetables
Gorge on all kinds of fruits and vegetables today. Eat as much as you would like. No need to feel hungry. On day 3, there are a lot of options to choose from to satisfy any hunger pangs. All sorts of fruits & vegetables may be consumed on Day 3 of the GM diet, and these range from green leafy vegetables, cabbage, peppers, onions, etc. to apples, oranges, watermelons and so on.
A quick note on some special instructions.
- From the vegetables, corn, peas, tomatoes, and potatoes are not allowed. All other vegetables are good to go.
- In fruits, bananas are not allowed on Day 3.
- Also, there is no restriction on the number of fruits vegetables to consume. If you experience hunger pangs, eat chopped cucumber or orange. It’s all good.
Physical Symptoms on Day 3
While you consume only fruits and vegetables throughout the day, the body naturally craves elements like salt i.e. sodium. Not only are these trigger points for craving, but also essential to keep your energy up. You would naturally feel a little-headed during the day. You may also feel tired. It is not uncommon to experience a mild headache. These are simply responses of the body to the change of diet. But these have to be avoided on Day 2 and stay strong.
In order to address these symptoms, the following tips are recommended.
- Stay Hydrated – This is the golden rule for any healthy diet plan. Have a small glass of water every other hour. This is critical to avoid a feeling of weakness. Also, it helps to avoid headaches.
- Sodium Intake – Eating only fruits and vegetables makes the body crave salty foods you would regularly consume. In order to beat the cravings, maybe apply a little seasoning to the foods. For example, cucumbers or oranges taste nice with a pinch of salt.
Although it is not required, you can go for a quick run for 30 mins before you retire for the day. This is to sort ensure that the effort of the diet is maximized. Also, at this point, it would be good to introduce a couple of 15-minute meditation sessions during the day as well. It can be very helpful to take some time out to just be with yourself with some soothing music in the background. It helps get through the day.
By the end of the day, if you have followed the instructions, you will be at least 3 kgs lighter by the end of the day. Pat yourself on the back for the day’s hard work. Get ready for the GM Diet Day 4.