GM Diet day 5 is here. We are almost at the end of the GM Diet program. You have done a great job so far. At this stage, you should feel much lighter. This is mainly due to the body getting used to reduced appetite. This is the first real treat day of the program. Today we load up on protein. We get to eat meat and tomatoes. You can have grilled chicken, beef, or fish.
Eat 20 ounces (oz) of either beef, chicken, or fish. Vegetarians can replace meat with cottage cheese or brown rice.
- breakfast: 5–6 oz serving of meat and 2 whole tomatoes
- lunch: 7–8 oz serving of meat with 2 whole tomatoes
- dinner: 5–6 oz serving of meat with 2 whole tomatoes
- snacks: wonder soup or freshly pressed tomato juice
- an additional 4 cups of water
A quick note. Avoid and fruits, vegetables, corn, etc.
GM Diet Day 6 – Meat Lovers!
You should consume a small portion of the meat in each meal.
A quick note on some special instructions. Due to the lack of appetite for most foods, it is important to have just small servings of beef during meals. Large servings may only make the appetite worse, and this may as well continue for the next few days. It is thus best to serve the beef with good amounts of tomatoes so that the taste buds will be brought back to life.
Physical Symptoms on Day 2
Just like other days, due to restrictions on food choices, it is natural to feel cravings for regular foods. Especially, with nonvegetarian foods, there can be cravings for sugary drinks or sodas. Be mindful to avoid these items.
In order to address these symptoms, the following tips are recommended.
- Stay Hydrated – This is the golden rule for any healthy diet plan. Have a small glass of water every other hour. On day 5, the body produces more than usual uric acid. For this reason, do not ignore the importance of staying hydrated.
- Watch out for Stress – Stress is a trigger to cravings for comfort foods. A restricted diet leads one to crave food items high in sugar or sodium. Therefore, watch out and be mindful of these triggers.
Although it is not required, you can go for a quick run for 30 mins before you retire for the day. This is to sort ensure that the effort of the diet is maximized. You should also consider including meditation sessions in your day to help beat the cravings.
By the end of the day, if you have followed the instructions, you should be at least 4 kgs lighter by the end of the day. Congratulate yourself on a whole day’s hard work. Get ready for the GM Diet Day 6.