Congratulations on making it to GM Diet day 2. The second day of the GM diet follows the same extreme effort. The only difference is, Day 2 is all about loading up on vegetables and fiber. It helps regulate the sugar consumed on the first day of the GM diet. In addition, the vegetables increase roughage consumption, which is great for the digestive system. Along with that, we will go over some of the most commonly appearing symptoms on the second day of the GM Diet Plan.
The overall meal plan for the day should be something like listed below:
- breakfast: 1 sweet potato or 1 baked potato
- snack: 1 bowl of cabbage
- lunch: a mixed salad containing lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumber
- snack: 1 bowl of steamed or raw broccoli
- dinner: 1 bowl of kale or arugula with asparagus
- snack: 1 bowl of sliced cucumbers
A quick note. Avoid tomatoes, corn, peas, and carrots on the second day of the GM diet.
GM Diet Day 2 – Load up on Fibre
All sorts of vegetables may be consumed on Day 2 of the GM diet, and these range from green leafy vegetables, cabbage, peppers, onions, etc. This is to boost the fiber intake of the body while regulating the sugar content from the first day’s consumption and at the same time foster metabolic processes.
A quick note on some special instructions.
- You should not eat any corn, peas & tomatoes. All other vegetables are allowed during the day.
- Also, there is no restriction on the number of vegetables to consume. If you experience hunger pangs, eat chopped cucumber.
Physical Symptoms on Day 2
While you consume only fruits throughout the day, the body naturally craves elements like salt i.e. sodium. Not only are these trigger points for craving, but also essential to keep your energy up. You would naturally feel a little-headed during the day. You may also feel tired. It is not uncommon to experience a mild headache. These are simply responses of the body to the change of diet. But these have to be avoided on Day 2 and stay strong.
In order to address these symptoms, the following tips are recommended.
- Stay Hydrated – This is the golden rule for any healthy diet plan. Have a small glass of water every other hour. This is critical to avoid a feeling of weakness. Also, it helps to avoid headaches.
- Sodium Intake – Just like eating only fruits, eating only vegetables makes the body crave salty foods you would regularly consume. In order to beat the cravings, maybe apply a little seasoning to the vegetables. For example, cucumbers taste nice with a pinch of salt.
Although it is not required, you can go for a quick run for 30 mins before you retire for the day. This is to sort ensure that the effort of the diet is maximized.
By the end of the day, if you have followed the instructions, you should be at least 2.5 – 3 kgs lighter by the end of the day. Congratulate yourself on a whole day’s hard work. Get ready for the GM Diet Day 3.